The burndown chart is a visual representation of the items completed from the Sprint Backlog, and for many in-person teams this might be captured on a wall or whiteboard, and for virtual teams this might be captured in a commonly-used charting, spreadsheet, or project management application. It is intended to be a quick and easy way to view the progress of a team at a glance.
The burndown chart rarely encompasses items from beyond only the current Sprint Backlog, though in some cases it might also include a view of the larger Product Backlog list.
Get the International Best-Selling Book
Understanding, Planning, and Implementing Scrum for Marketers
By Greg Kihlström with a Foreword by Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, President at Lytics
- Core Items
- The Product Backlog (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint Backlog (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- Sprint Planning Meeting (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Daily Scrum and Standup (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Increment (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint Retrospective (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- Additional Items
- Template: Sprint Retrospective Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Template: Sprint Planning Session Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Template: Retrospective Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Book: The Agile Brand Guide to Agile Marketing Fundamentals (2023) by Greg Kihlström
- Book: The Agile Brand Guide to Agile Marketing Implementation (2023) by Greg Kihlström
- Online Course & Certification: ANA Agile Marketing Certification
Related Content on Agile Marketing
Leaders need to embrace the importance of data and collaboration in the modern workplace. Greg Welch from Spencer Stuart emphasizes that marketers need to be “digital natives” who understand new technology and can effectively manage dashboards.
From a brand perspective, learning and development play a significant role in attracting and retaining talent and improving the employee experience.
Two books in The Agile Brand Guides series featured on Thinkers360’s “50 Books to Read in 2024” List
Two books in The Agile Brand Guide series by Greg Kihlström were featured in Thinkers360’s “50 Books to Read in 2024” list. This listed The Agile Brand Guide: Marketing, Measurement, & Analytics, and The Agile Brand Guide: Generative AI.
In the tug-of-war between innovation and leadership, agility in adapting skills is quickly emerging as the hidden ace in the quest for market dominance. Do you have what it takes to be a leader in today’s highly competitive marketplace? Do you want to know what it takes? Brand the Change had the unique opportunity to…