Customer effort score (CES) measures the amount of effort that a customer use in order to interact with your business. The measurement can be used to measure the sales process, customer service, or the effort it takes to use a product or service.
Customer effort score is generally gathered through a survey tool (similar to Net Promoter Score or Customer Satisfaction), though the question asked is centered around ease of use.
- To what extend to do you agree or disagree with this statement:
Acme Inc. made it easy to solve my issue
1 (Strongly disagree) 2 3 4 5 6 7 (Strongly agree)
In which a customer would choose a number from 1-7 that mirrors their sentiment.
It is believe that CES grew in popularity in 2010 after a popular Harvard Business Review article discussed it at length.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Customer Experience (CX)
- Book: Meaningful Measurement of the Customer Experience (2022) by Greg Kihlström
- Book: The Center of Experience (2020) by Greg Kihlström