The increment is how we refer to the current version or portion of the set of work we are performing. In software engineering, it is the current version of the product under development, though in a marketing context, it could be a phase of a campaign, or a version of a measurement initiative. The increment includes all of the work previously completed, as well as the items within the Sprint backlog that the team is currently working on.
Marketing teams may struggle with this item because often you can’t deliver part of one of your deliverables. For instance, if your goal is to deliver a white paper, it is not desirable to release half of the white paper. Instead, the Increment would need to include the entire white paper.
That said, a move to a more iterative process in which campaigns or other initiatives can roll out incrementally can lead to better outcomes because your learnings from initial tests can be fed back into subsequent iterations and components.
Get the International Best-Selling Book
Understanding, Planning, and Implementing Scrum for Marketers
By Greg Kihlström with a Foreword by Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, President at Lytics
- Core Items
- The Product Backlog (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint Backlog (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- Sprint Planning Meeting (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Daily Scrum and Standup (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Increment (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- The Sprint Retrospective (Element of Scrum and Agile Marketing)
- Additional Items
- Template: Sprint Retrospective Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Template: Sprint Planning Session Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Template: Retrospective Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- Book: The Agile Brand Guide to Agile Marketing Fundamentals (2023) by Greg Kihlström
- Book: The Agile Brand Guide to Agile Marketing Implementation (2023) by Greg Kihlström
- Online Course & Certification: ANA Agile Marketing Certification
Related Content on Agile Marketing
This article was written by Greg Kihlström for CMSWire. To thrive as a business and rise to change management challenges, you need to dig out of experience debt, technical debt, operational debt and culture debt.
Optimove Ranked #1 in Journey Orchestration in Gartner 2023 Magic Quadrant for Multichannel Marketing Hubs
Optimove scored the highest in the Journey Orchestration use case in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant companion report, “The Critical Capabilities for Multichannel Marketing Hubs.” Optimove also ranked second for Customer Intelligence, and third for Measurement and Optimization.
Benchmarks and audience size matter when it comes to advertising campaigns. These factors play a crucial role in determining the success and effectiveness of a campaign.
LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional networking platform, continues to emerge and evolve as a strategic tactic to support sales and brand growth in the corporate world. Both individuals and businesses are increasingly recognizing its value in building a brand and converting opportunities.