This refers to items used to inspire and motivate employees to be more productive and increase their tenure, which appeal to the intrinsic nature of human beings. According to the research, these intrinsic motivations can be categorized into ten primary categories.
Unlike extrinsic motivators, these intrinsic ones are more fundamental to an individual and their effects do not diminish with time as long as they are properly addressed. The amount of intrinsic motivation in relation to the potential for an employee to be motivated is measured using the motivator gap.
- Agile, Customer-Centric Culture
- Culture (Component of the Center of Experience)
- Extrinsic Motivation
- Book: The Center of Experience (2020)
- Podcast: Employees and Intrinsic Motivation (The Agile Brand with Greg Kihlstrom podcast)
- Podcast: Intrinsically Motivated Teams with Patrick Touhey (The Agile Brand with Greg Kihlstrom podcast)